Ross Garcia, CDLP
Ross is a mortgage industry expert, innovator, and entrepreneur.
Having spent 10 years in both retail and wholesale lending, Ross prides himself on creativity and strategic thinking. His creative solutions for clients loan approval challenges are both transparent, and fool-proof, despite their circumstances.
His knowledge and understanding of lender underwriting criteria are second to none. Combined with his savvy negotiating skills, Ross’ clients have the highest likelihood of a successful outcome. This is especially important in divorce scenarios which require firm guidance and careful planning.
To further his commitment as a strategic partner for family law professionals, Ross earned a unique designation as a Certified Divorce Lending Professional (CDLP). He has been called upon to testify as an expert witness in family law cases involving disputes surrounding the marital home.
Ross is active in a number of professional organizations, including the Certified Divorce Lending Institute, Collaborative Practice California, and Forbes Finance Council.
While Ross is part of a small group of mortgage professionals with a divorce focused certification, he is the only one that has gone ‘all-in’ by building a company to address these very real challenges for divorcees in today’s lending environment.
Divorce Mortgage Advisors live at the crossroads of divorce and real estate.
Ross dedicates his time to educating family law professionals on these common challenges, while also providing solutions for working through their divorce settlement quickly and efficiently.
As a leading authority on mortgage financing, Ross has been featured in Forbes, The Huffington Post, Thrive Global, and Authority Magazine, to name a few.
Ross is also a lead contributor for survivedivorce.com and is responsible for directing their home & mortgage resources.
He graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara with a B.A in Business Economics.
Credentials and Licenses
- Certified Divorce Lending Professional (CDLP)
- Real Estate Broker #01896272
- MLO #674733
Select Speaking Engagements
Ross has spoken on various divorce real estate topics at the following conferences and organizations:
- Association of Divorce Financial Planners
- Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- State Bar of California
- Collaborative Practice California
- Orange County Bar Association
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- Palo Alto Bar Association
- Santa Cruz County Bar Association
- San Luis Obispo County Bar Association
- Fresno County Bar Association
- Riverside County Bar Association
- Sonoma County Bar Association
- Member, Forbes Finance Council.
- Member, National Association of Mortgage Brokers
- Associate Member, San Mateo County Bar Association
- Member – Divorceify
- Co-Founder, Survive Divorce, LLC, 2018 to present
- Founder & Broker, Divorce Mortgage Advisors, 2017 to present
- Managing Partner & Broker, PREI Capital Group, 2014 – present
- Private Mortgage Banker, Wells Fargo Private Bank, 2009 – 2014
B.A., Business Economics – University of California, Santa Barbara