Jason Crowley, CFA, CFP, CDFA
Jason Crowley is a divorce financial strategist, personal finance expert, and entrepreneur.
As Co-Founder & Advisor at Divorce Mortgage Advisors, Jason Crowley works with our clients and their attorneys to formulate creative strategies to complicated settlement issues. His primary focus is providing guidance on structuring agreements so our clients can achieve their mortgage financing objectives. His expertise facilitating the division of complex assets such as stock options, business and venture capital interests, and real estate investments enables us to bring a unique approach to divorce lending. In addition, Jason oversees the business development and strategic growth initiatives of our company.
A nationally recognized expert in divorce financial planning, Jason has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Huffington Post – just to name a few. He is also a sought after speaker on financial and tax issues in divorce.
Jason has the distinction of being one of the select few financial professionals to hold the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), and Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA) credentials.
Mr. Crowley has testified as an expert witness on divorce financial issues. He has extensive training in mediation and collaborative divorce and is an active member of a number of professional organizations, including the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts and Association of Divorce Financial Planners. Notably, Jason was selected as a member of the prestigious Forbes Finance Council and was the former president of Collaborative Practice San Mateo County (CPSMC).
Jason also serves as Managing Partner at Divorce Capital Planning, which specializes in divorce financial planning and analysis.
Additionally, Jason is the founder of Survive Divorce, which provides expert tips and helpful tools and resources to get you through your divorce.
He began his professional career as a financial analyst at Commerce Capital Group, a boutique investment banking firm specializing in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) advisory services.
Jason earned a bachelor’s degree in Business Economics and Accounting from the University of California, Santa Barbara, where he graduated summa cum laude. He also holds the Financial Industry Regulatory (FINRA) Series 7 and 66 licenses.
- “Divorce Finances” with Jason Crowley on Divorce Sucks! with Laura Wasser
- “Money Talks: How to Have Candid Conversations about Money” with Financial Expert, Jason Crowley on Breaking Free: A Modern Divorce Podcast
- Money Matters Top Tips with Adam Torres
Credential and Licenses
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
- Series 7 and Series 66 securities licenses
- Life, Annuity, Accident and Health Licenses (California)
- Real Estate Salesperson License (California)
Select Speaking Engagements
Jason has spoken on various divorce finance topics at the following conferences and organizations:
- Association of Divorce Financial Planners
- Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
- California Society of CPAs
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- State Bar of California
- Collaborative Practice California
- Orange County Bar Association
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- Palo Alto Bar Association
- Santa Cruz County Bar Association
- San Luis Obispo County Bar Association
- Fresno County Bar Association
- Riverside County Bar Association
- Sonoma County Bar Association
- Member, Forbes Finance Council
- Member, Association of Divorce Financial Planners
- Member, Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
- Member, Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC)
- Associate Member, The State Bar of California, Family Law Section
- Associate Member, Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Associate Member, San Mateo County Bar Association
- Member, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Member, Collaborative Practice of California (CP Cal)
- Member, Collaborative Practice Silicon Valley (CPSV)
- Member, Former Chair, Collaborative Practice San Mateo County (CPSMC)
- Member, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute
- Member, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Society of San Francisco
- Member, Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards
- Founder, Survive Divorce, LLC, 2018 to present
- Co-Founder & Advisor, Divorce Mortgage Advisors, 2017 to present
- Founding Partner, Divorce Capital Planning, LLC, 2011 to present
- Financial Advisor, Capital Planning Partners, LLC, 2010 to present
- Financial Planner, Wealth Strategies Group (MetLife Securities, Inc.), 2009
- Investment Banking Analyst, Commerce Capital Group, 2008
- Financial Advisor, Northwestern Mutual, 2006-2007
B.A., Business Economics with Accounting Emphasis, summa cum laude – University of California, Santa Barbara